Transpennine-paranormal-experiences
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transpennine-paranormal-experiences

We are a hard working paranormal investigation group with bases in both Lancashire & Yorkshire, hence the name Transpennine. Our aim is to seek out the truth from the world of the paranormal.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Transpennine shop
Polo’s £10Sweats £11.50Fleece Jackets £16.00All three are Fruit of the LoomBeanies £4.00 £3 extra for title on back
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday Ghost
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:31 pm by ghost

» happy birthday Nicola
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 am by princess

» Happy birthday Lorraine
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:21 pm by judi3840

» Am i seeing things?
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:08 pm by judi3840

» I know this exist
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:41 am by princess

» Lollodof Plate ?
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 am by Darren

» Hack Green Bunker
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:50 pm by princess

» ghosts,spirits,deamons
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 am by Hunter6662009

» Halloween.
Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 pm by ghost

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
neoteric
Admin
Admin
neoteric

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Empty
PostSubject: Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying?   Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:41 pm

The Scientific rationale.

Train operator Kelvin DeBourgh Jr. waskilled when the new AirTrain, which connects Manhattan to Kennedy International Airport, crashed.
Before succumbing to his injuries, he told rescue workers: "I can't see you anymore—all I see is a bright light."

SO.....Why DO the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying?

Assuming it's not the Great Beyond, medical science has advanced several theories as to the bright light's physiological roots.
Many researchers ascribe the glow to the effects of anoxia, or oxygen deprivation, which can affect the optic nerves. Others suspect that trauma to the right temporal lobe, the area of the brain responsible for perception, can cause the senses to malfunction.

Michael A. Persinger, a neuroscientist at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario, has replicated the bright-light phenomenon in test subjects by stimulating their right temporal lobes with mild electromagnetic fields.

A third theory holds that the brain releases massive amounts of endorphins, or natural painkillers, when the body is gravely injured. Those endorphins may "override" the optic nerves, causing the victim to see a peaceful glow rather than their own mangled body or teams of desperate paramedics scurrying about. This endorphin-induced serenity can be crucial to warding off lethal shock, thus giving the person better odds of survival.

It has also been suggested that some bright-light glimpsers neither gaze at eternity nor experience unusual neurological activity. Instead, they may simply mistake the high-powered operating room lights as something a tad more mystical.

Bonus Explainer: In Western societies, the bright light is often accompanied by visions of deceased relatives, idyllic gardens, and a convivial bearded man in flowing white robes—all standard images of the Christian heaven. Dying Hindus in India, by contrast, typically picture the afterlife as a Kafkaesque bureaucratic office. Fading Micronesians have been known to describe a bustling, skyscraper-filled metropolis.

Neo.
Back to top Go down
Darren
Admin
Admin
Darren

Male
Number of posts : 266

Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Empty
PostSubject: Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Post a reply   Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:50 pm

There are many descriptions of passing over this is the most popular .I don't know how scientists can say for definite as none of us in my eyes really know until its our time to go .I suppose there are many variations of what happens besides the bright light theory when we pass but another popular one is when someone describes an outer body experience either in an accident or operation or what ever the case may be ,often patient's describe how they are catapulted out over there bodies and are able to look down on there own body i know it is going away from the bright light theory but as Ive said there are many variations and as someone myself who have had this experience as a youngster it is something that stays with you for ever and when my time comes i have no fear of what is ahead.
Back to top Go down
https://transpennine-para.darkbb.com
Dave
Admin
Admin
Dave

Male
Number of posts : 236

PostSubject: Re: Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying?   Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:51 am

The 'Tunnel' and 'Bright Light' experience have a rational scientific explanation for me, that is ok.

But what about the Out of Body experience?

I watched a 'QED' special, years and years ago, where it tried too explain this phenomenon, naturally the wiry haired scientist reckoned they had an explanation, but some O.O.B patients where too accurate for peoples liking.
One patient told a surgeon exactly everything he had done too him, and the surgeon said it was correct yet impossible for the patient too know.....

Naturally the know it all Scientist argued the crack with them both, and stopped short of calling them liars and making up a story together.

Stick too growing ears or mouses Mr Know it all.......
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=817589769&ref=profile#/pr
neoteric
Admin
Admin
neoteric

Male
Number of posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying?   Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:23 am

Dave,

You will be pleased to hear that late last year the NHS and selected hospitals in the U.S. began scientific studies regarding the OOBE's that some patients experience.

I did a posting on this in the old forum but forget the name of the project. (I think it was called AWARE) but can't remember.

Anyway, here is a link to give you a little more info into this new study.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2980578/Scientists-study-out-of-body-experiences.html

Hope this helps that not ALL science orientated researchers ar totally dismissive of such claims Smile

Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying?   Why do the mortally wounded often report seeing a bright light before dying? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1